Paua shell has a pearlescent luster so brilliant that it is sometimes called the sea opal and is used for imitation opal doublets. For centuries the indigenous Maori people have used the Mother of Pearl of the Paua Mussel from New Zealand, which has a blue-green iridescent color play, for inlays in mystical carvings. New Zealand’s polished paua shells are customary souvenirs because of their beautiful blue, purple, gold and green hues. Paua is the most colorful shell in the world, other abalone have some color, but not the brilliance of Paua. Paua shellfish are black and the interior of the shell has cloudy waves of rainbow colors with blues and green being dominant.
Can be worn with matching Paw Print earrings and Paw Print Pendant
- Paw Print Rings are inlayed with a polished Paua Shell cabochon stone to enhance the beauty.
- Solid Sterling Silver marked .925
- Stone is glued in.
- Handmade in the USA
- Pet Products makes great gifts for dog lovers
Size: 3/8” tall on center, graduated sides
Available Ring sizes: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Paua Shell Special Care: Avoid knocking or scraping jewelry set with natural paua. It is not advisable to wear your paua jewelry when playing sport, gardening and performing household tasks like washing dishes and showering. Do not expose to chlorine bleach or any other chemicals! Water immersion can break down the glue bond holding the turquoise to the setting.
Finding Your Ring Size and How to Measure Your Finger:
1. Find a piece of string or strip of paper no wider than 1/2".
2. Wrap it around the base of the finger you wish to wear the ring on. Once the string/paper is snug, slip the paper back off the finger. If the string/paper expands slightly when sliding over your knuckle mark that point on the paper or string. You want your ring to be large enough to get over your knuckle.
3. Use a pen to mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
4. With a ruler, measure the length from the starting end of the string/paper to the pen mark.
5. Use this measurement and the chart to determine your ring size.
* For a more accurate method of measuring ring size stop by your local jewelry store and have your finger sized with a ring sizer.
* When sizing your finger with a ring sizer, make sure it slides off fairly easily over the knuckle.* Don't measure cold fingers or when your finger might be swollen due to injury or heat. This is when fingers are their smallest or largest. For the most accurate reading, measure the finger at the end of the day when the finger is the largest.
Sterling Silver paw print rings are copyrighted by Dazzling Paws Jewlery LLC.
Any recreations of these designs will be prosecuted by law.