Malachite is a secondary mineral of copper, which means it is formed when copper minerals are altered by other chemicals. It occurs when carbonated water interacts with copper minerals, or when a solution of copper interacts with limestone. Malachite is opaque and always green. Because of its presence in nearly all oxidized copper deposits, malachite serves as a prospecting guide for copper.
Because of its beauty and relative softness, polished, banded Malachite has been carved into ornaments and worn as jewelry for thousands of years. In some cultures it was thought to be a protection from evil if worn as jewelry.
- Sterling Silver Paw Ring inlayed with a polished Malachite cabochon stone to enhance the beauty.
- Silver jewelry rings have a 2 mm thick band.
- Solid Sterling Silver marked .925
- Glued in stone.
- Designer jewelry line is created and copyrighted by Dazzling Paws Jewelry.
- Handcrafted sterling silver jewelry is made in the USA.
- Makes a thoughtful dog jewelry gift.
Can be worn with matching Paw Print Earrings and Paw Print Pendant
Size: 3/8” tall on center, graduated sides
Available Ring sizes: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Malachite Special Care: Avoid chemicals. Water immersion can break down the glue bond holding the stone in the setting.
Finding Your Ring Size and How to Measure Your Finger:
1. Find a piece of string or strip of paper no wider than 1/2".
2. Wrap it around the base of the finger you wish to wear the ring on. Once the string/paper is snug, slip the paper back off the finger. If the string/paper expands slightly when sliding over your knuckle mark that point on the paper or string. You want your ring to be large enough to get over your knuckle.
3. Use a pen to mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
4. With a ruler, measure the length from the starting end of the string/paper to the pen mark.
5. Use this measurement and the chart to determine your ring size.
* For a more accurate method of measuring ring size stop by your local jewelry store and have your finger sized with a ring sizer.
* When sizing your finger with a ring sizer, make sure it slides off fairly easily over the knuckle.* Don't measure cold fingers or when your finger might be swollen due to injury or heat. This is when fingers are their smallest or largest. For the most accurate reading, measure the finger at the end of the day when the finger is the largest.
Sterling Silver paw print rings are copyrighted by Dazzling Paws Jewlery LLC.
Any recreations of these designs will be prosecuted by law.