Sleek Omega chains are commonly known as short chokers because they lay so flat to the neckline. They are a flat necklace made up of metal segments joined together which makes them so stylish by design. Our slides are a perfect match for an Omega chain as it allows them to move freely along the chain.
About 95% of our Dazzling Paws Jewelry pendants and slides fit the Omega and will move freely along the chain. If your pendant fits too snugly on the chain, it may cause the necklace twist or it could snag the chain segments.
Pendants that do NOT fit the 2mm Omega: 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1102, 1800, & 4004 The rest of our line fits the Omega well.
Here are some recommendations that look stunning on this chain: 1001, 1007, 1010, 1011, 1020, 1042, 1067, 1080, 1100, 1092, 1906, 1102 & 1960
- 2mm Oval Omega chain with lobster clasp for added durability.
- Made in Italy
- A downside to the Omega chains is that they can easily kink and bend if they get caught.
- Do not sleep in an Omega as lying and turning over in bed may cause your chain to kink.
- Don’t let it snag your clothes, as they are very vulnerable, and if twisted, they can get damaged beyond repair.
- How to select the right necklace length for your pendant
- 16” Chain is a short chain that fits close around your neck. 16” chains are great to wear with a “V” neck top or button-down shirt. The 16” chain fits more like a choke chain tightly around the throat. When buying a gift for a person that weighs over 150lbs and is around 5’5” tall, we recommend selecting an 18” to ensure that the necklace will fit properly as the 16” may not fit the person.
- 18” Chain is our most popular chain because it fits nicely around the neck coming down about 1”-2” from the throat. This chain length is comfortable to wear as it falls nicely in a “V” neck shirt or in a button-down top. When buying a gift for a person that weighs over 180lbs and is around 5’5” tall, we recommend selecting a 20” to ensure that the necklace will fit properly as the 18” may not fit the person comfortably.
- 20” Chain is a medium length chain that lies nicely on the outside of a rounded neckline. Our 20” is a popular chain for the full-figured woman, as it will lie like an 18” chain on them. The 20” is also known as the winter 18” chain. When wearing bulky clothes around the neck this necklace length will act like an 18”.
- 24” Chain is a longer chain that fits on the outside of collars on garments. This chain will normally lie about chest length. Great for chain to use for charm holders. Thou this chain may be long we do not recommend slipping this chain over your head as it causes stress/strain on the chain and clasp area their-by causing it to break over time.
- 30" Chain is a very long chain that will lie in the stomach area for a woman that is 5’5” but for a full figured woman can be a nice length to wear for a rounded neckline. This length of chain can be put on over your head without opening the clasp, even if you are wearing glasses. Great for chain to use for charm holders.
Size chart below reflects a woman who is around 5’5” tall.
Jewelry Tips for wearing a necklace
· Remove any necklaces before going to bed or taking a nap. Tossing and turning can cause excessive strain on necklaces which can result in kinking, weaknesses and breakage. Remember your neck and head weigh about 11lbs and your necklace weights about 5grams. Wearing your necklace to bed is like a semi hitting a deer. You know who survives that accident before it even happens. Please do not wear your jewelry to bed or when taking a nap.
· Remove your jewelry before you shower or bath. Necklace ends that are glued together such as our leather and twisted cords will erode from the water, causing the ends to unravel and come apart over time. Soap also clouds jewelry making it loose its luster.
· Remove your jewelry before you enter a swimming pool or Jacuzzi. The chemicals used both in the water and floating in the air will discolor Sterling Silver instantly and cause Bronze to permanently tarnish.
For more jewelry tips see our Jewelry Care Tips