When we think of a guardian angel, the idea of a spirit assigned to protect and guide us comes to mind. But for many people with disabilities, guardian angel means service dog. Service dogs are defined as dogs trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual or other mental disability. That means service dogs can do such things as pull wheelchairs, guide people who are blind and alert people who are deaf. They can also remind a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, bring the emergency phone during a crisis and calm a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. But perhaps the most important thing service dogs do is give people with disabilities the freedom to live their lives with independence and dignity.
We honor those thousands of service dogs in use today with our Service Dog Vest pendant. This confident design represents the iconic service dog vest, which not only gives these special dogs access to public places, but also indicates theyâ€™re a VIP (Very Important Pooch!). The service vest pendant features a smooth surface and a beveled edge. Raised up on the service vest charm are a chest strap and an abdomen strap, which extends to the handle used to connect the service dog to its owner. Atop the abdomen strap is a badge in a classic shield shape with a raised edge around its perimeter. Recessed within the badge are the words â€œSERVICE DOGâ€ in bold capital letters, which have been oxidized for prominence. Pair it with one of our stylish chains for a striking service vest necklace in support of the amazing service dogs who are a source of salvation for so many!
Service vest pendant can be engraved on the back with your dogâ€™s name, dates, or a personalized message. Engraving on back includes 3 lines of text; up to 10 characters in each line.
* Engraved items are not eligible for return/refund. Custom engraved items cannot be returned for errors in spelling, font, etc., if they are engraved the way you instructed. Please be sure to verify spelling, grammar and all information prior to placing your order.
- Service Dog Vest pendant pairs perfectly with our Paw Print post earrings.
- Service vest charm can be engraved on the backside with your personal message or dogâ€™s name.
- If you have a service dog, our service vest pendant will be a treasured service dog jewelry keepsake.
- Dog lovers will greatly appreciate our Sterling Silver Service Dog Vest pendant as the perfect service dog gift.
- Made from Recycled Sterling Silver and marked .925.
- 100% handmade in the USA.
Sterling Silver service vest dog jewelry is copyrighted by Dazzling Paws Jewelry LLC. Any re-creations of these designs will be prosecuted by law.
- How to select the right necklace length for your pendant
- 16” Chain is a short chain that fits close around your neck. 16” chains are great to wear with a “V” neck top or button-down shirt. The 16” chain fits more like a choke chain tightly around the throat. When buying a gift for a person that weighs over 150lbs and is around 5’5” tall, we recommend selecting an 18” to ensure that the necklace will fit properly as the 16” may not fit the person.
- 18” Chain is our most popular chain because it fits nicely around the neck coming down about 1”-2” from the throat. This chain length is comfortable to wear as it falls nicely in a “V” neck shirt or in a button-down top. When buying a gift for a person that weighs over 180lbs and is around 5’5” tall, we recommend selecting a 20” to ensure that the necklace will fit properly as the 18” may not fit the person comfortably.
- 20” Chain is a medium length chain that lies nicely on the outside of a rounded neckline. Our 20” is a popular chain for the full-figured woman, as it will lie like an 18” chain on them. The 20” is also known as the winter 18” chain. When wearing bulky clothes around the neck this necklace length will act like an 18”.
- 24” Chain is a longer chain that fits on the outside of collars on garments. This chain will normally lie about chest length. Great for chain to use for charm holders. Thou this chain may be long we do not recommend slipping this chain over your head as it causes stress/strain on the chain and clasp area their-by causing it to break over time.
- 30" Chain is a very long chain that will lie in the stomach area for a woman that is 5’5” but for a full figured woman can be a nice length to wear for a rounded neckline. This length of chain can be put on over your head without opening the clasp, even if you are wearing glasses. Great for chain to use for charm holders.
Size chart below reflects a woman who is around 5’5” tall.
Jewelry Tips for wearing a necklace
· Remove any necklaces before going to bed or taking a nap. Tossing and turning can cause excessive strain on necklaces which can result in kinking, weaknesses and breakage. Remember your neck and head weigh about 11lbs and your necklace weights about 5grams. Wearing your necklace to bed is like a semi hitting the deer. You know who survives that accident before it even happens. Please do not wear your jewelry to bed or when taking a nap.
· Remove your jewelry before you shower or bath. Necklace ends that are glued together such as our leather and twisted cords will erode from the water, causing the ends to unravel and come apart. Soap also clouds jewelry making it loose its luster.
· Remove your jewelry before you enter a swimming pool or Jacuzzi. The chemicals used both in the water and floating in the air will discolor Sterling Silver instantly and cause Bronze to permanently tarnish.
For more jewelry tips see our Jewelry Care Tips