Rhodesian Ridgeback Jewelry
Find Rhodesian Ridgeback jewelry that will stun your friends. The history of the African Lion Hound speaks for itself with this one-of-a-kind design that features a lion in the Rhodesian Ridgeback charm that represents the lions, bears, and boar they had cornered in order to protect their owners in South Africa. Matching Rhodesian Ridgeback earrings will have your friends wagging their tails when they see how stunning you look. Sterling Silver Rhodesian Ridgeback necklaces featuring handcrafted pendants are a meaningful gift for dog lovers.
Are you familiar with the phrase, “keeping a lion at bay?” Well, it was derived from the Rhodesian Ridgeback’s main purpose: to confront and corner big-game prey such as lions, bears and boar for hunters in South Africa. That’s where this incredible breed was developed in the 18th century by Boer farmers, who needed a multipurpose hunting dog and home guardian. But that’s not all the Rhodesian Ridgebacks are famous for. Ridgebacks are also immune to insect bites and can keep up with a running horse for 30 miles! But the hallmark of the breed is certainly the clearly defined ridge on its back formed by hair growing in the opposite direction to the rest of its coat. The ridge tapers up from the hips to the shoulders, where it has two identical crowns (whorls) directly opposite each other. This the Ridgeback picked up from its ancestors, the half-wild dogs of the native Hottentot (or Khoikhoi) people. In 1950, two outstanding Rhodesian Ridgebacks were imported into the United States, and in 1955, the American Kennel Club officially recognized this powerful and courageous breed.
These days, Ridgebacks are still used for hunting, but can also be found competing in various dog sports such as agility, lure coursing, obedience and tracking. Rhodesian Ridgebacks also make great hiking and jogging companions, and are the dog of choice for athletes such as Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis.
- Sterling Silver Rhodesian Ridgeback necklace pairs well with any of our Rhodesian Ridgeback earrings.
- Stunning Paw Print charm holder may only be worn on an Omega chain.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback owners will cherish this timeless piece of high-quality Rhodesian Ridgeback jewelry.
- Sterling Silver Tears In Heaven Charm Holder with Rhodesian Ridgeback beautifully compliments Rhodesian Ridgeback earrings.
- Pet loss jewelry honors the lovely memories that live on in our heart and angel wing jewelry with Rhodesian Ridgeback is a touching pet loss memorial.
- Let a grieving family member know you are thinking of them with an angel wing amulet pet sympathy gift.
- Sterling Silver Tears in Heaven Charm Holder with Rhodesian Ridgeback necklace pairs well with matching Rhodesian Ridgeback earrings.
- Pet bereavement gifts acknowledge the grief and celebrate the life of a faithful companion.
- Dog loss memorial gifts show compassion and caring to a friend who has suffered the loss of a Rhodesian Ridgeback.
- Eye catching I Love My Rhodesian Ridgeback Necklace will complement the matching Rhodesian Ridgeback earrings.
- Sterling Silver I Love My Rhodesian Ridgeback Necklace is a stylish statement piece that will impress any dog mom.
- I Love My Rhodesian Ridgeback Necklace makes the perfect dog lover's gift for birthdays, anniversaries or any occasion.
- I Love My Rhodesian Ridgeback Necklace beautifully compliments the Rhodesian Ridgeback earrings.
- Dog moms will adore wearing this showcase Rhodesian Ridgeback necklace.
- Stunning I Love My Rhodesian Ridgeback Necklace is available in over 100 different dog breeds.
- Made from Recycled Sterling Silver and marked .925.
- 100% handmade in the USA.